Well ladies and gentlemen, that’s all folks for the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series as Ricky Stenhouse Jr. is the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series Drivers Championship and the #60 Roush-Fenway Racing Ford won the Owners Championship. Roush-Fenway Racing sure did one hell of a job in 2011 and they all earned the two championships that they won today.
* Congrats to Ricky Stenhouse Jr. for winning the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series Drivers Championship, he earned it.
* Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won 2 races in 2011, both at Iowa Speedway including that wild finish at Iowa where Ricky Stenhouse Jr. came off of turn 4 and half way to the finish line, he blow an engine, but Edwards who could see nor control his car, nailed Stenhouse Jr. across the line for the race win.
* Congrats to the #60 Roush-Fenway Racing Ford wins the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series Owners Championship.
* Hats off to Elliott Sadler for a good year and finishing in 2nd spot in points.
* Congrats to Timmy Hill on winning the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year, last year it was Ricky Stenhouse Jr. that won ROTY.
* Yes I finally came around 2/3rds though this season, I give NASCAR credit on changing the Nationwide Series championship contenders requirement, its cool to just see all Nationwide Series drivers racing for a Drivers Championship.
* But keep one thing in mind, it made NASCAR look pretty bad when during the first 33 laps of this race when the big discussion on Twitter was about has the several Start & Park drivers listed themselves as OUT yet so he could clinch the championship. Keep in mind that this statement has nothing to do with Stenhouse Jr., I’m just making a point.
What a way to cap off a good, yet frustrating at times season. Hopefully Ricky Stenhouse Jr. gets a sponsor and will be able to run full-time in the Nationwide Series next season in 2012 at RFR.