Everyone from NASCAR, the NASCAR community, Inside NASCAR on Showtime, media members, and the NASCAR fans themselves all seem to have an opinion on the Kyle Busch vs. David Reutimann battle at Kansas Speedway. So did Kyle Busch deserve payback from David Reutimann at Kansas?
The results, namely what I have read on Twitter, Facebook, blogs, forums and what not all seem to be mostly siding with David Reutimann. Some believe that Kyle Busch deserved everything that he got from Reutimann. While others believe that Reutimann completely over reacted to the situation and shouldn’t have done anything.
So here is a few articles on what I have read and be sure to read some of the comments in some of the articles, they really tell an interesting story.
1. Inside NASCAR on Showtime (video from show)
2. David Reutimann pays back Kyle Busch after earlier race incident at Kansas – Go Reutimann. This article is written by me (Brian Vermette) that I published on my new personal blog BrianVermette dot Com.
3. David Reutimann And The Art Of Overreaction. A different opinion by T.C. on The NASCAR Insiders that received several opposing comments.
4. Reutimann needed to retaliate to stop hits.
5. Kansas payback is a bitch. Straight to the point, I love it.
6. David Reutimann and Kyle Busch ruin each others' day.
7. Kyle vs. David: Who was in the wrong? Public reaction.
8. Reutimann says he's not proud of what he did to Kyle at Kansas but also says he had to stand his ground by Dustin Long. Reutimann had a lot to say on this a few days later while at Martinsville Speedway. Here are his comments.
So did Kyle Busch deserve retaliation after spinning David Reutimann at Kansas?