It’s the day after the 6.5 hour Daytona 500 where Jamie McMurray captured his first Daytona 500 victory over Dale Earnhardt Jr. in a late race thriller and while I’m writing about the 500, I wanted to take a little time out to write the latest edition of Speedlinking.
I believe that these Speedlinking articles add a big element to RaceDriven.com. Today I want to talk about some of the articles that I’ve been reading online that go along with some of the hot topics that are being discussed current in the world today.
1. Does Winning the Daytona 500 Doom Your Season? (NASCAR Insider): I have never really thought about this before, but I have to say that in most cases it make perfect sense considering only once over the last decade as a driver found success the rest of that season after winning the Daytona 500 and that was Jimmie Johnson back in 2006. De you agree?
2. Toyota reportedly mulling longer warranties, cash incentives to rekindle consumer confidence (Autoblog): I have to say that in my eyes Toyota has lost a lot of respect and confidence in me and that I would think twice about buying a Toyota for my next car, I believe for Toyota, some will come back while others it will take years before they buy another Toyota. To me, it’s a wait and see game, if this gas petal fix works, then consumers might find their way back, but if it’s not and it’s the computer, then its going to tough for Toyota to rebound in the next 5 years. Also check out this… Report: State Farm alerted NHTSA to Toyota issues in 2007; KBB lowers resale values.
3. Hot Wheels sponsors Danica, has her design a car (Autoblog): Hot Wheels pairs with Danica Patrick to sponsor her in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and in that, she got to design her HotWheels, the “Danicar”, look IRL, it’s your new IndyCar and its 6 wheel drive. If you watched Monsters Inc. the movie, you know what I;m talking about.
4. Great American emotion at the Great American Race (4ever3blog.com): All I have to say is, it’s ok to cry when you sad, upset, angry or happy, so just let it out if you want too especially if you just won the 2010 Daytona 500.
5. Bullrun 2 on SPEED - One Helluva Ride hits the streets: Team Porsche is sent packing. (Here at RaceDriven): With season 3 of Bullrun right around the corner, just thought readers might be interested in reading about last season before this Thursday’s season premiere. After your done, this Thursday night, switch on over to ThinkingBrian.com for season 3 of Bullrun. I will be covering Bullrun over there this time around.
Well that’s it folks.